I feel as if this should be a special one even though I missed the post date. I had it in my drafts folder!
I decided to make a list of my favorite things, places, books, anything I like, love, crave.
1. It has to be YOU. You came and read this post. You didn’t just click ‘like’ and speed away. You’re reading it. These are a few of my favorite things.
2. Camping and bonfires and lakes and mountains and that smell, that glorious smell of being in the AIR, real, fresh, unbreathed
3. Birdsong, bird singing, birds floating on the pond down he road, birds in the grass, singing in trees, birds. All of them
well…most of them.
4. First kisses that let you know you just met someone special
5. Caravan Palace, Amanda Palmer, Ray La Montagne, and all that fantastic new to me music that I’m discovering.
7. David Bowie singing ‘Wild is the Wind’ and John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ to name only two.
8. Libraries, old bookstores and old books. Actually any book.
9. BBQ Tri Tip with a cooler full of beer, sunshine and the Stones on the radio.
10. Farmers Markets with fresh peaches and nectarines and strawberries and tomatoes that taste like tomatoes
12. Swimming under a full moon
13. Riding a motorcycle in the fall when the weather is warm and the trees are changing and the road is twisty.
14. Dancing with your friends at a club and checkin’ all the moves on the dance floor, knowing you look great and feel energized
15. Kittens and puppies
22. The smell of a man, whether he’s in a suit and tie with cologne or he’s just finished chopping wood…mmmmmmen
23. Senior citizens, whatever the circumstances, I love our old timers. The best of us is there in them.
25. The ocean and the beach. The hot sand, the waves crashing, the blanket getting sandy and the smell of suntan lotion
I love that you read this. I love that you were making your own list of things you love while reading this. You were, weren’t you? I couldn’t narrow this list down, but if you could name just a few favorite things, what would they be?